Irwin Mitchell has been a proud sponsor of the LBCambridge programme since inception. The feedback over the years from our home team of lawyers and our guest delegates has never been anything but excellent.
As a firm, we have invested in strategically developing a programme dedicated to the “in-house” community. Our sponsorship of LBCambridge is part of a programme that also comprises quarterly General Counsel lunches and quarterly seminars/networking events aimed at junior in-house counsel. Should you wish to register your interest in attending one of our future events please email email@example.com who will provide you with further information.
Irwin Mitchell LLP is a top 20 law firm employing over 2,200 people with an annual turnover in excess of £200 million. We are unique, both in our culture and our approach to law. We are one of a few law firms to provide a diverse range of legal services both to businesses and private individuals. Our business practice delivers legal services to national and international organisations of all sizes, cutting across a broad range of industry sectors. Our business legal services include:
Irwin Mitchell has been at the forefront of the deregulation of the legal services market. We are organised and structured as a corporate and the firm was the first to hold multiple ABS licences. We recently entered into an ABS with insurer esure whereby a dedicated team of lawyers will provide legal representation for esure customers. We have an authorised asset management business with discretionary funds under management of c£400m. We run a Sri Lankan office to service the insurance claim processing needs of Aviva and we are also regarded as the leading law firm in the debt recovery sector, through our wholly owned debt collection agency, Ascent.
The firm has a leading employment law practice branded as IMHRplus, a fixed price employment law and HR advisory business, including optional insurance for employment tribunal claims.
Irwin Mitchell has an impressive reputation for diversity and inclusion. Recent achievements include:
- Achieving Top 100 Employer status for the last three years on the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
- We have been rated in the Top 15 for overall diversity by The Black Solicitors Network since 2009
- Winner in 2013 at Halsbury Legal Awards – Development of Talent Award (for our partnership with The University of Law and The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx)
- Winner in 2012 – Education and Training Initiative of the Year at the British Legal Awards
- Winner in 2012 – Most effective diversity programme – Gender at The Lawyer Workplace & Diversity Awards
- Winner in 2012 – Best graduate trainee recruitment campaign at The Lawyer Workplace & Diversity Awards
- The HR Excellence Award for Best Diversity Strategy in 2012
- Support of the Government’s Social Compact & the PRIME initiative
- Increasing the number of female partners to 30%